Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Kidspiration

So I know I’ve mentioned this on my blog, in papers and when commenting on classmates blogs but I am totally a visual person therefore I’m sure you can already guess that I LOVE Inspiration and Kidsperation. How much fun is this for the classroom! Not your typical writing on the blackboard in white chalk and having teachers try and make it as cool as possible for the kids with something that might be a star (but we’re not really sure). With these sites you can have a bunch of ideas all in an understandable and organized manner with different colors for different topics or themes and also different shapes to organize even more. Fantastic!

I have a question for any current teachers, have you or do you know of any colleagues who this in their classrooms?

2 comments:

  1. Monica,

    I used Kidspiration in my classroom as often as I could. I used it in a variety of ways, but my favorite was for whole class story writing. Using the SMARTBoard, I would have students create a web and start planning a story using the program. Then, there is the ability to create an outline and eventually turn it into a Microsoft Word document. Also, I do not know if you found the function where it reads the audio to the children, but once you finish your story, you can hear it!

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way you do. My son is four and was so eager to "play" with it. The best part is they think they are playing, but are actually learning something. Since I've seen the program, I haven't topped thinking about how much fun it would have been if they had this back in the days when I was still in school.

    ReplyDelete