Thursday, March 12, 2009

Class Web Pages!

Last night in class we started to build our web pages which at first I didn’t totally understand how to use the Scholastic web page builder but after using it for a bit I started getting the hang of it. I’m not going to lie, I’m wishing I didn’t know about Teacher Web because the websites you can create are beyond adorable (I’m looking at this from an aspiring elementary school teacher), so much fun to work with and I really want to use that site in the future!

But whichever web page builder is used I think having a class web page is a great addition, not only for students but also for parents. Since you can post most anything ranging from pictures of the class, calendar of events, assignments and announcements it can really help get the parents more involved with their children’s school life and almost give them a sense of being there and experiencing it with them.

I loved the features that help you build book and software lists, maybe it’s because I am not yet teaching but I personally would have had no idea what books or software to recommend for 3rd grade age students (at least off the top of my head).

I think this is going to be a fun project and I hope that when I do become a teacher I am able to create a webpage for my classes - hopefully using Teacher Web ;o)

1 comment:

  1. Monica,

    I love your enthusiasm. This sentiment will get you far when you are teaching!

    You explained, "I loved the features that help you build book and software lists, maybe it’s because I am not yet teaching but I personally would have had no idea what books or software to recommend for 3rd grade age students (at least off the top of my head)."

    This feature was one I really like on this website. It gives you a variety of ideas to share with students and parents.

    Thanks again for posting!!

    ReplyDelete